Fluffy Millet with Kale
Ingredients (about 5 servings)
- 1.5 cups of millet
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 4 egg whites
- 30g of cheese (I used plain old cheddar)
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Kale, as much as you want!
- Cook the millet (takes about 30 minutes or less if soaked prior)
- Cut up kale into small pieces and blanch it he
- Blend chickpeas with some water and EVOO to make it hummus like (or use pre-made hummus)
- Add the hummus and kale to the millet
- Blend in cheese and egg whites to the millet while it's still warm
- Adjust for salt and pepper
When I was first making this dish, I was like what is this? However, after adding in the egg whites everything just really comes together. The dish is OK for leftovers but you get water coming out of it.
Speaking of food, I found this cool picture online. Got to love package advertisements nowadays. I remember eating those Silhouette yogurts that are low fat, zero sugar, and magically 40 calories. They also came in desert flavours like key lime pie and lemon meringue. I can't believe I used to think they were healthy at some point in my life...
I absolutely love number 5! I think that it's the case with a lot of products nowadays especially cereal. You look at the nutritional info of some Kellogs shit or Wondercrap bread and the nutritional profile looks amazing. Then you look at the ingredients and wonder why you're not just taking vitamin and mineral supplements while living off of sugar..