Remember I mentioned the Europe Trip before? Well it all started like this...
Back in September when I started to work on my actual thesis project in the lab, one of my lab mates was like OMG! I'm going to Europe this summer. Then she invite me and another girl from the lab to come. I took a look at the trip iternary/ price (I actually paid much less than what's on the site right now) and all that jazz and when I told my parents about it they kind of forced me to go :P Ok not force because I wanted to go, but they really insisted I did. I did pay for it with my own money though...But yeah I'm going to Europe for a month (May 12th-June 10th). Finally I have decided to make a list of all the cities I will be visiting and all of the things I will be doing there. So here we go:
London (3)
-Stonehenge
-Trafalgar Square
-Going to a real British Pub
-Westminster
Abbey
-Parliament Buildings (let's see what Ottawa was modelled after)
-the bloody Tower of London
-Buckingham Palace
-Trying authentic British savoury pies and British ale
Paris (3)
-Spending the night by the Seine River with Wine and Cheese
-Eiffel Tower
-Arc de Triomphe
-Louvre
-Notre Dame Cathedral
-Versailles
-Catecombes
-Any art museum I can find
-Trying authentic baguette, brioche, croissant, paid du chocolate, cheeezzzeee, onion soup, quiche, madeleine cookies, and whatever else I find that I could afford :P
-Window shop
Brussels
-I believe we're just stopping here to get waffles lol...
Amsterdam (3)
-Dam Square
-Travel by bike!
-Take a peak at the Red Light District :P
-Check out the country side
-Anne Frank's House
-Van Gogh Museum
-Vondelpark
-If possible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqMKpOmoq80 (a must watch video for a foodie!)
Heidelberg, Germany (1)
-Heidelberg Castle
-Marktplatz
-Try german beer and sausages :P
-Have some good dark german bread and probably some cake
-Deutsches Apothekenmuseum (it's like an ancient chemistry/ pharmacology museum)
-Philosopher's Way (that should be an inspirational walk)
-Check out the university
Lucerne, Switzerland (2)
-Pretend I live in a medieval world
-See the Alps and Lake Lucerne
-Chocolate? (did I even have to mention it)
-Hiking up Mount Pilatus
-See the Lion Monument
-Kapellbrücke bridge
-Have some gruyere cheese (I used to think it was a French cheese...)
-Try real Swiss muesli
Venice (2)
-Check out "Juliet's from Rome and Juliet" home
-Ride in a gondola
-Doge's palace
-St. Mark's Basilica
-Enjoy seafood dishes
-See the Grand Canal
-Check out Venetian Crystal Glassware
-Palazzo Ducale (I'm a sucker for Gothic Architecture)
Rome (3)
-Try some real espresso
-Try authentic pizza, pasta, and gelato
-Pantheon
-Trevi Fountain
-Castel Sant'Angelo
-Colosseum
-Forum Romanum
-Visit the Vatican City
-SHOES!
-Villa Borghese Park
-Any art museum I find
Florence (2)
-Piazza de la Signoria
-Ponte Vecchio (a bridge)
-Basilica di Santo Croce
-Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore
-The Uffizi Gallery
-Giardino di Boboli (a park)
-Palazzo Pitti
-Try Italian wine
-Any art museum I find
Pisa
-Stop over to check out the leaning tower of Pisa
Nice, France (2)
-Promenade des Anglais
-Beach!
-Musée d'Art
Moderne et d'Art Contemporain
-Cathédrale
Ste-Réparate
-The list looks so short so more wine and cheese and baked goods :P
Provence (1)
-Going on a pre-planned tour of Avignon
-Another pre-planned tour of Nimes or Arles (I guess either one of the two)
Carcassone, Spain
-Stop over for a tour and check out the castle
Barcelona (3)
-Check out the crazy architecture :P for example Sagrada Familia
-Las Ramblas
-Parque
Guell
-Visit a Tapas Bar
-Museu d’Historia de la Ciutat
-Parc de la Ciutadella (it has a zoo with an albino gorilla!!!)
-La Font Magica
-Temple Romà
d'Augusti
-Torre
Agbar
-Try authentic Paella
Zaragoza, Spain
-Basilica del Pilar
Madrid (3)
-Plaza Mayor and Plaza de Oriente
-Royal Palace
-Prado Museum
-Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza
-Parque del Buen Retiro
-Maybe see a bullfight :P
-Parque del Buen Retiro
-Museo de San Isidro
-Ermita de San
Antonio de la Florida
That pretty much concludes the extensive list. You have no idea how long it took to put together 0.0
I just seems so hard to believe that I'll be leaving in just 6 weeks, not to mention I have an exam in 8 days (not sure but it's next Saturday) aah!
Have you guys ever visited any of these place? Any sight seeing suggestions? :P
Color me jealous! My recommendation is the Musee Picasso in Paris. It has not just his work but stuff he'd collected. At least I assume it's still there, it was in the 90's when inwas there...
ReplyDeleteI've never been. And there's so much I don't know about Europe I wouldn't know where to begin! Sounds like you've done your research.
ReplyDelete