I have noticed that almost all of my recipes are non vegan and have plenty of gluten in them. I do realize that a lot of the bloggers follow gluten-free or vegan diets so I will try my best to provide alternatives and substitutions to my recipes. My recipes are all sugar free and I use honey or fruits instead (vegans can easily sub the honey for maple syrup or agave nectar although the taste will probably differ). I can try to make lower-fat options/ alternatives to my recipes as well or substitutions for those allergic to peanuts as most of my recipes have peanut butter. Please let me know if there are any other dietary issues that I should be conscious about (ex. allergies or sensitivities).
Now I'd like to thank Ellen for introducing me to pumpkin chia pudding. Hmmm.... so thick... and delicious... it actually took me 20 minutes to eat 0.0 and savour every spoonful ^^ Not to mention this is an overnight recipe so the pudding was nice and ready for consumption when I woke up. How often do you get to wake up to something that's as good as pumpkin pie! I changed the recipe a tiny bit as I used soya milk instead of almond milk and believe it or not I increased the cinnamon (gasp). Also, I subbed the maple syrup for buckwheat honey and took out the ginger (for some reason it didn't sound to appealing to me)
Therefore, introducing my new obsession:
Pumpkin Chia Pudding Delight (adapted from Scrumptious Gruel and Oh She Glows).
Ingredients
- 1 cup So Good Original soy milk (it has a bit of sugar in it already)
- 3/4 cup Stokely pumpkin puree (also contains squash)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tsp of buckwheat honey (or any other sweetener of choice)
- bran cereal for garnish (optional)
Directions
- Put everything into a little blender and mix it up
- Pour into a cup
- Leave overnight in the fridge
- Indulge the next morning
I loooove chia pudding! Try it with sweet potato - it's amazing!
ReplyDeleteMmm, this looks so good! I've never used chia seeds before. This recipe looks perfect!
ReplyDeleteGood idea to use sweet potatoes ;) Will give that a try for sure
ReplyDeleteYea! I'm so excited that you made this and liked it. There is something addictive about those chia seeds. Hehe, hope you saved some Of that pumpkin for the upcoming pumpkin week;)
ReplyDeleteHehe... <runs to the store to buy more pumpkin) :)
ReplyDelete