Friday, December 28, 2012

Beauty of Riviera Maya

To finish off my tales in the world of Maya, I wanted to spread their message. We are destroying the rainforest and it needs to be protected! The message was made perfectly clear with every dance or ceremony that I've watched. So I just wanted to share this song performed by the ultra gorgeous Simone Simons from my fav band Epica.


Now the Mayans! I have watched so many of their tribal dances and they're breathtaking. The costumes, energy, and connection with nature is amazing. A must watch if you ever visit the XCaret park.



Another ritual that I've seen was the Papantla Flying Men. This is a fertility ritual praying for a good harvest next year. These guys are look to be over 50 years old and climb up a maypole. Then they play some songs and "fly down" the pole being attached with a rope at their feet. 



Some amazing things about the Riviera Maya area was the nature. There is tropical rainforest everywhere! I've seen so many cool plants and animals that I never even knew existed. Also, my resort had a small lagoon that you can swim in and has various fishies. I swam in it for good 2 hours chasing the fish just like a little kid. Hehe!





About a 15 minute walk outside of the resort were a couple of small beaches with gorgeous blue water! My family came back to this beach everyday.



I've also managed to find some ruins at the resort and visited the Mayan pyramids.





There were some other activities I've engaged in at the resort. Gee, archery is much harder then it looks!


In conclusion, it was a fun and relaxing trip! The beauty of the tropical rainforest has really touched my heart. I just can't believe that we as a society are leading to its destruction :(

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place this is. Thanks for sharing the pictures. The yellow dress is so summery and cute btw!

    Did you check out the mayan exhibit when it was at the ROM this year? I was supposed to go but had to deal with last minute work. Really wanted to see it, i heard it was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love that yellow dress, I've had it for good 6 years now :P

      I haven't been to the ROM for a while now :( Should probably visit it at some point in time. With all the Europe travel I don't think I can go to another museum or art gallery for the next little while. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Wow. If only everyone could visit places like this then learn what they could do to not destroy them. They might be more likely to be environmentally kind.
    I need to visit there someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! The nature is breathtaking.

      That's the thing. A lot of people are just so disconnected from nature that they don't really know what harm the society is causing :(

      Delete
  3. Great blog Nadiya! :)
    I like what you have done with your blog!
    :)
    I have no clue how to do it LOL

    Of course, a trip to Mexico wouldnt be a trip if you missed the pyramids! :)

    Thanks for sharing the pics--and like Amera love that yellow dress!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx :) It's basically the Dynamic View option in the templates.

      The pyramids were amazing. Too bad I couldn't climb up them :(

      Delete
  4. Hi Nadiya! Thanks for stopping by my blog:) I love Mexico. I haven't been in about 18 years, but I used to go all the time when I was young and single! Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always come back and re-visit Mexico. I'm sure much has changed over 18 years :)

      PS: Thanx for checking out my blog ^^

      Delete
  5. I saw Flying Men too and I actually couldn't watch! It made me so nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was so scary to watch 0.0 Especially when one of the guys stands up without support on top of the pole. He was like 50 too!

      Delete