Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Oatgurt Part x2

Who knew you could do so much with oatgurt. Ahh! There're so many flavours :D I should be in Amsterdam right now... don't know much about their food but hopefully I'll find out more ^^

The week before I left I've been going crazy with the oatgurt theme also because I wanted to use up my bacteria stock. Why waste my precious little babies? Here're some ideas...

Classic Banana Soft Serve
There is something about the oatgurt that makes it very thick. Almost as if there're gluten strands being formed as when you make dough. Funky ha? Well it makes it taste so delicious!

Here's the deal. Take half cup of oats, a cup of water, a banana, a teaspoon of peanut butter, a tablespoon of bacteria stock and blend. Then wait about 10 hours and eat! It made a nice big two cup serving. So delish and creammmyyy!

Green Tea Chia Pudding
Remember my love for chia seeds? Well now it's been doubled with the addition of oatgurt! It's double trouble...

So here is what you do. Brew slightly more than a cup (the teabag will soak up some water) of green tea with two packets of stevia (or less if you prefer the bitterish taste of green tea or if you don't steep it as much). Then take the green tea, half cup of oats, 1 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of bacteria stock, and blend. Consume in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Never tried oatgurt, but love these ideas, thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete