France and Food :D
Apart from eating 2
croissants + piece of
baguette +
jam and butter for breakfast (not sure how I managed not to put on weight during this trip), my tour guide organized a four course dinner for us with unlimited wine! Oh yes... there was wine... rosé wine, red wine, and white wine!
To start off we had a small glass of rosé wine with some roasted peanuts (I've seen people drinking Sangria with peanuts in Spain... maybe it's a European thing). We also had some entertainment :D There were these two french man playing on an accordion and a violin, taking goofy pictures with us, tapping us on the shoulders and making us dance! Overall, lots of fun!
Now for starters I got French Onion Soup. I've tried it once before at Boston Pizza but common that was Boston Pizza! I had to have the real thing :D It was slightly sweet, a little to salty for my taste and gooey with cheese. Much better than that at Boston Pizza!
For the entree, I chose Turkey in Tarragon Sauce because I've never tried Tarragon before. This was consumed with more wine... Overall, I liked the sauce, the turkey was a bit dry, but the potatoes were crispy and delicious! Seriously europeans know how to cook their potatoes (not like that McDonald's shit that tastes like cardboard)!
Then there was CHEESE! Of course there was cheese before desert :D I don't remember all the ones I've had but there was brie, blue cheese, goat cheese for sure. I love cheese, ate it almost every day while in Europe! Can't complain about having more cheese! Cheeeseeee.....
To finish things off, I had a chocolate moose! Oh mon dieu!!! It was AMAZING! Like chocolate melting in your mouth. I was pretty full after the meal but I had to finish that moose. It was the best moose I've ever had :D
So after splurging on this meal, I didn't really have much money in my budget to eat anything else fancy in Paris. I did try a salmon panini though and it was delish... Everything else was just boring sandwiches.
Hope you've eye candied my meal :P
Wow, that looks like a gorgeous meal! That dessert looks diving in particular, I love chocolate!
ReplyDeleteMon dieu indeed! This looks heavenly. Love me some wine and cheese.
ReplyDeleteAnd croissants, baguette, bread, and jam(along with a strong cup of coffee) is the breakfast of champions. It is what I ate every day when I was in France...
You can never go wrong with chocolate 'moose', looks great. I was in Europe once and my husband & I got a cheese platter that was heavenly. Cheese is the best.
ReplyDelete