Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Going back to the Medieval World

You think I forgot about my Europe stories? Well never fear! I got some pictures from my friend and I'm back on track with that ^^ Today I'll take you back to the little Medieval Town of Heidelberg in Germany.


This was a beautiful city that we stopped by and is essential a student town. There is an old, reputable university and tonnes of students. In the surroundings there're gorgeous mansions situated around the river!



You'd think it's just a small city but it's actually quite lively. There're tonnes of stores and students walking around. It's definitely not your typical big university city like Toronto or Vancouver, but it felt very much cozy. There were also a bunch of plazas, patios, and cute boutiques.


Historically wise, the city has a church, a very old castle in the background (it's on a big hill so we didn't have enough time to go visit it), and an ancient bridge that has been destroyed/ rebuilt multiple times.  

The castle is to the right of the statue. 

Now the really cute thing! A bunch of medical students organized this teddy hospital event. Basically, kids could take their teddies to the doctor and the doctor will "perform procedures" on the teddy. The whole point is to get the kids to be less afraid of doctors and show them that the procedures aren't scary. Kind of neat, ha? 


The day was finished off well with schnitzel and fried potatoes washed down with beer. Not healthy at all, but delicious!

7 comments:

  1. I just want to move to Europe and run a wine and cheese shop. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! and do figure competitions too right? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That teddy hospital thing is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, what is going on!! I'm subscribed to your blog but have NEVER got an email that you updated - I just assumed you haven't!! :(

    I'm going back to catch up on your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It KEEPS saying I'm already on the subscription list, but I've never once got an email! grr :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weird... From my understanding, "subscribing" means being updated about a particular post vs when you "follow" that when it updates you on new posts. The way I do it is I add people's blogs on my reading list on blogger and it keeps me updated at all times :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'm going to sound so clueless here..but there's no way to "follow" you the way I do others on your blog. I'm not seeing the little "join this site" thing?Because that's how I usually do it too.

    Instead I used the "Follow by email" option on the right side of your blog. Does that not work? Sorrryyyy for the confusion!!

    ReplyDelete