Sunday, December 9, 2012

Breathing through exams

Don't worry I'm still alive! Just had to take a couple days off from the blogosphere and it's been taking me good two days to catch up with all the blog readings  (well I'm almost done). Man, there're a lot of posts out there :D

Anyway, 2 presentations and an exam done. One exam left on Tuesday and I'm off to Mexico on Wednesday. I just love being an upper year, doing a massive lab thesis project and having so few exams to write. Life doesn't get better then that.

So what have I been up to other than studying? Keeping up with barefoot running exercises... Also, ummm re-watching all three of the Lord of the Rings movies. To be honest I used to love LOTR when I was tween. I was that girl who didn't give a **** about make-up and was a total tomboy. Now with the Hobbit coming out in a week, I thought it'd be a good time to rewatch all three movies. It took me about a week as study breaks of course! I really do miss that sense of adventure, courage, friendship, and the idea that we're all part of this world and need to work together to get through the tough times. It felt like the whole Middle Earth has joined forces in the movie to defeat the evil Sauron. The whole Legolas- Gimli relationship is also a perfect example. Sure there's been quarrels between elves and dwarves for centuries but they really did become good friends after they put aside their prejudices. Ok I'm getting carried away with this!

Foodie related stuff... there were a lot of green smoothies at breakfast time :P I also tried some raw sprouted kamut porridge and I'm not sure if my tummy appreciated eating raw hard grains.


Along with power foods like cottage cheese (quark from a Ukrainian store)/ apples/ peanut butter. Honestly this super simple light meal/snack is like 20g of protein 0.0 Who said it's hard to get protein on a vegetarian diet?




 Oooh! My mom also bought me these shoes! They're like 8$ from Walmart and were intended for me to swim in in Mexico (just in case there're rocks or anything sharp on the bottom of wherever I'm swimming). Well I put them on and they were mighty comfy to run in. Who knows what I'll do with them :P
Please ignore my grandparents room and my ultra baggy pants :P
 


As you can tell I really liked the shoes. I instantaneously started taking pictures of them and being like ooh I'm so blogging about this. My mom thought I was crazy...

Those have been pretty much the highlights of my week. :)

What do you guys do when you take breaks during exam studying?

12 comments:

  1. wow--those shoes are cool
    Enjoy the Mexican vacation. I want to go there some day Inshallah!

    I like the love you have for the 'greens'--it will help you always be fit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes are pretty much like socks and they are uber cool :P

    Greens are the best! Also I've noticed that drinking my green smoothies really helps my digestive system ^^ Wish it'd make my skin clearer but it doesn't seem to help :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. My place always got astoundingly clean during finals. I need tidiness to concentrate and vacuuming became so much more appealing when procrastinating;)
    Your green drinks and apples and peanut butter combos look good. You have such healthful study snacks! Someday scrumptious gruel will get a green shake...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! One of my old housemates was the same way except she only cleaned her own room and not the whole house -.-

    Yes try the smoothie but do look for recipes beforehand because it can either be a hit or a miss. It can taste quite awful if not done right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that you're almost done with school. Hang in there, Nadiya!

    Also, I'm so jealous of your trip to Mexico :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on getting through your exams! That's cottage cheese with your apples? I've never seen cottage cheese in a block! Have fun on your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx Alex :D

    GreenGirlRunning- It's technically quark. Pretty much the same thing as cottage cheese but it has had a lot of the water pressed out of it. It's basically pure protein. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your last exam! And have fun in Mexico :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankfully, I'm done with exam-taking - finished my Masters in May. :) I do not envy you with the exams, but totally envy your upcoming trip to Mexico! Have fun and enjoy your new shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. have a GREAT time in Mexico!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I take breaks from studying I tend to do something good (exercise, blog, bake) or bad (internet shop, waste time looking through online newspapers, watch rubbish TV). Which one I do depends on how well the studying is going. Well done on getting through yours though!

    ReplyDelete