Saturday, December 22, 2012

Liebster Award & Nominations

Cheers everyone :)

A couple of days back I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by Jenica from The Scientist and the Health Nut. YaY!

What this entails is having to:

  • Write 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
  • Make up 11 new questions
  • Nominate 11 bloggers for the award
So let's get started :P I'll also add animal pictures from my trip to Mexico on here to spice things up ^^

Pelicans chilling by the beach
 Random Facts
  1. Unlike Jenica, I've broken my right arm, nose, and left arm... twice
  2. This one is a shocker... I used to HATE OATMEAL. Yup! It's because my grandma would make me eat it EVERY SINGLE DAY and it was plain oats& milk. No fruits, no pb, blah!
  3. I'm not a fan of deserts. Yeah I'm a weirdo... The only cakes I really like are deep rich creamy chocolate ones.
  4. I didn't learn to swim properly until I was about 12 despite the fact that I grew up right beside the sea.
  5. I don't usually talk about the music I listen too because I feel like I'd be judged :( What I listen to is more instrumental along with symphonic metal... My fav bands/ artists are Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Globus, and Thomas Bergersen (Two Steps from Hell)
  6. I haven't skipped breakfast in years!
  7. I have had a longtime wish to do the splits. New Year's Resolution?
  8. I was born in Moscow and stayed there for 3 months. I have never been back :( Next vacation destination?
  9. I love jigsaw puzzles! Love them! If you haven't noticed the blue background in some of my "foodie" pictures- it's a jigsaw puzzle.
  10. This is kind of a sad one but I've never been in love :( I've liked a few guys in my life  but I've never actually loved someone. Who knows where I'll meet my prince charming :D
  11. When doing the "touch your toes" stretch, I can put my palms flat on the ground ^^ I always feel like it's an accomplishment and love showing it off :P It used to annoy me in gym class because people would just say "oh it's because you have long arms"... thanx but I have equally long legs. 
Red Macaw in the resort lobby
Jenica's Questions

What’s the weirdest food combination that you’ve tried and loved? Umm... peanut butter and egg whites along with cheekpea blondies from CCK

Do you eat to exercise or exercise to eat? I love to exercise so I do it for the sake of enjoyment/ health. I eat when I'm hungry... So I guess I eat to exercise :)

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? (recycled this one :) ) I used to want to be a teacher and I would design lessons/ pretend to teach my toys. Now I realize that teaching is not for me, I just don't have that much patience.

What’s your favorite part of your day? 7-11pm That's the time I'm locked up in my room studying. It's the time I have to myself when no one bugs me and I'm being productive :D

When did you stop believing in Santa Claus (if you ever believed in him, or if you ever stopped)? I was around 5ish. I'm not sure why I stopped...

If money weren’t a factor, what would you do with your life? Become a peace activist

If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Ratatouille as it has all of my favorite veggies- Zucchinis, tomatoes, eggplants, bell peppers... Unfortunately I don't think I could survive on a diet of pure veggies and seasoning :S Maybe spread some hummus all over the Ratatouille?

What’s the definition of delicious, in your opinion? When everything stops and all you can think about is the food you're eating

What’s your favorite book? As a kid- Chronicles of Narnia. Gee I don't really have a favorite but I did enjoy "Like Water for Chocolate" and I'd suggest it for all the foodies reading this. In this book every chapter starts of with a recipe :P

Do you speak another language? Yup! Russian (fluent) and French (good enough to read the newspaper). I'm considering learning Spanish ^^

Can you play a musical instrument?Yup I've finished all the Royal Conservatory of Music levels for piano. I've played from grade 2 until grade 12. Unfortunately I stopped once university started :(

Iguana's found everywhere. I almost stepped on one :S

My 11 Questions to the Nominees
  1. What's the number one thing you love about having your blog?
  2. Do your relatives know about your blog?
  3. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
  4. What's your favorite song?
  5. If you could learn another language which would it be and why?
  6. What's your dream vacation destination?
  7. What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
  8. What was your favorite subject in school?
  9. Have you ever cheated on a test :P
  10. What's your favorite tea/ coffee/ hot drink?
  11. If safety wasn't an issue, which animal would you like to have as a pet?
Butterfly Conservatory at XCaret Park

The Nominees (in no particular order)
  1. Marie from Feeding Five. You're a great mom and make me want to be one sometime in the future ^^
  2. Laura from Spring to the Table. I'm jealous of your biceps and all the strange but good food combinations you come up with :P
  3. Amira from Toronto Runner. Thank you for all your kind comments and always keep running ^^ unless your injured...
  4. Ellen from Scrumptious Gruel. Your posts are so funny and clever. Also I'm pretty sure I've picked up on some vocabulary from reading them :D 
  5. Green Girl Running. I love how you started running for a great cause and thank you for all your running tips ^^
  6. Zainab from Kicking Kilos. You're one persistent person :) Good luck with your weight loss and don't be too hard on yourself ;)
  7. Alex from Brain, Body, Because. I love your holistic approach to life and that you're not afraid to build some muscle :) Keep rocking girl!
  8. Allie from Forgotten Beast. I think you're awesome and super funny! Best of luck with your weightlifting endevours ;)
  9. Vicky from Sweet & Healthy Living. Your recipes are so creative, delicious sounding and nutritious!
  10. Erica from Erica House. I know I rarely comment on your blog but I've been reading it for a while now. I have no clue how you manage to get so much done during your day and Salem reminds me so much of my Chernucha
  11. Morgan from Life After Bagels. Another blog that I actively read but don't comment on (probably should lol). I love how you have decided to go back to school along with your time management tips :D
That'll be all and I'm excited to hear your answers ^^

14 comments:

  1. Aww, thank you so much--for the nomination AND the lovely compliments! I'm pretty excited to put one of these together :) And SO GLAD I'm not the only one who loves egg whites and PB--there's something about rich healthy fats and the kick of protein that's just so tasty, filling and satisfying. Egg whites, avocado, and almond butter are spectular together too! I used to be so in love with Nightwish, but I haven't listened in so long--time to hit up Pandora, thanks for reminding me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg whites, avocado, and almond butter- wow! That sounds interesting. Oh yay! Nightwish is awesome even without Tarja! They released a new album this year which is all childhood/ fairy tale themed. Pretty awesome but as always it's hard to follow their lyrics :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I didn't realize you were such an accomplished pianist. Also, I really admire that you would be a peace activist. That totally makes me re-evaluate what my choice would have been...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I've played on the piano for a while but it is very time consuming so I couldn't keep up with it.

    Haha, I'd love to be a peace activist but I think that's more of a if parents weren't an issue then if money wasn't an issue. The two are kind of intertwined.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you could almost start a blog about birding!

    I can't say Moscow is high in my destination list, but it certainly makes a good story for you to tell. People find it fascinating enough when I tell them I was born in Oklahoma, som can't imagine people's reaction to that one!

    Congrats on your nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moscow should be a pretty nice city to visit but my parents are scared to let me go because it's not very safe :S I mainly want to go just because I was born there ^^

    Thanx for stopping by on my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so sweet!!

    I need a moment to accept you don't care for desserts!! Haha!
    Also, i'm terrible for skipping breakfast, i'm just never hungry first thing in morning..end up always making up for it by a too-big lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup people think I'm weird when it comes to desserts! Especially because I used to live with girls who would make cupcakes and cookies like all the time!

    I usually have a light dinner so maybe that's why I'm hungry in the mornings? I guess I'm the opposite, I find it hard to eat towards the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nom! I should get my answers up in my post next week. I am afraid I probably don't know 11 bloggers who actually read my blog too, but it will be interesting to see who answers.
    Oh, and I like Within Temptation too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome :) I'm so excited to see people's answers to my questions ^^

    Haha! Within Temptation is awesome ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. And now I'm so happy to have learned more about you. Can't wait to read more in 2013! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the nomination, Nadiya! Your description of my blog totally made my day - a holistic approach is EXACTLY what I'm going for and I'm so happy that it's coming across through my writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Of course you have a holistic approach to life and just the name of your blog gives it away :P

      Delete