![]() |
Ok... well we used to have a lot of fireworks on New Years back in Ukraine...
Source: http://dianegottsman.com/2012/07/fourth-of-july-fireworks-etiquette/
|
Now with regards to my decision... My blog is a year old now, it was kind of a New Year's Resolution and it's been a pleasant experience. So after revealing my blog to my family I had a chat with them. I've decided to take it more seriously and make it part of one of my university courses. We have this one course where we can do anything we want as long as it help the community. Hence, I think my blog would be appropriate.
So far I've been thinking of doing theme days. At the moment my ideas include:
Monday Miles
Pretty self explanatory as it will talk about my upcoming half-marathon and hopefully marathon training.
Tone it up Tuesdays
I'm not going to lie about the fact that I've lost a lot of tone (other than my legs) since I've stopped regular swimming. So my New Year's resolution has been planks, strength workouts, and hot yoga (all of which I've been doing for the last 2 weeks already) and I will discuss those.
Thoughtful Thursday
This will be more of a Body, Mind, Spirit kind of posts and my random thoughts on life.
Foodie Fridays
New recipes that I've developed or cool things I've tried over the week
Sciency Saturdays
Self explanatory- talking about cool scientific facts, theories, and recent discoveries.
What do you guys think about this? Are there any topics you'd like me to focus on or address?

I'm especially psyched to see Science Saturdays:)
ReplyDeleteHappy new year!
Happy New Year :) May it bring awesome auditions and cool roles for you to play ^^
DeleteI'm pretty psyched about Science Saturdays myself :P If there's any particular topic you're interested in please let me know ^^
It all sounds great! Looking forward to reading :) And how cool that you can use your blog for a course. Very cool!
ReplyDelete:) I'm really excited for my last semester because it's primarily a project based one so I can actually learn about things I'm interested in. To be honest I have learned so much from having this blog. Plus for things like Science Saturdays I would actually have to do research and read articles ^^
DeleteI'm already looking forward to Monday Miles and Thoughtful thursdays like mad. I love all your ideas. Very nice going girl! Love that you get to use it for a course!!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY NEW YEAR!!
xo
Got to love my program :) I'm excited for thoughtful thursdays myself :P
DeleteHappy New Year! May it bring you joy and injury free running ;)
I'm such a dork--I'm beyond excited for your science Saturdays, haha. It'll be interesting to see the changes (in addition to the layout ones--when did that change? I like it, so different with the pop-up posts) and how you incorporate blogging and your studies!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Glad you like the new layout :) Yeah I'm hoping to create a facebook page and a pinterest account. I'll see how things roll :D I'm uber excited about writing sciency stuff, I must admit those are some of my favorite posts :)
DeleteI still have "figure out Pinterest" on my to-do list, haha. Baby steps.
DeleteFun! I'm excited for the different themes you've decided to implement. Friday's and Saturday's will be a great addition to the the workout themes. Great ideas!
ReplyDeleteThanx Michelle :) If there's anything sciency you're curious about just let me know ^^
DeleteIam looking forward to Tuesdays and Fridays.
ReplyDeleteExecllnt idea Nadiya :)
Happy New Year xo
Happy New Year :) Hope all of the best for you, your family, and your fitness/ weight loss goals.
DeleteFun idea! I can't wait to see what you come up with on Saturdays!
ReplyDeleteOh yes I'm looking forward to reading up on Nature (top science journal) for some cool science advancements :)
DeleteHow cool to incorporate blogging into your studies! I definitely think that it helps the community. I'm especially excited for Thoughtful Thursdays!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope it helps the community :) I'm glad you think it does ^^
Delete