Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Faux-Thai Noodles

Happy B-Lated Canada Day!!! :D

I've pretty much have lived here for half of my life :O It's a nice country based on the very few cities I've actually seen here. For the long weekend, me and my fam went down to Niagara Falls (so classic) and enjoyed the fire works. Still need to get the pics from my daddy to post up :P

Gee I feel like my blog has been overcome by my travelling stories so I wanted to take a break from that and post a random recipe. I made this dish before for my friends and they loved it, so this time I decided to cook it up for my parents. It's super quick and effortless, perfect for any busy night. It's not exactly thai food but is an amazing replacement for those take out Thai dishes ;)

Faux-Thai Noodles



Ingredients
  • 4 cups of inch size cut green beans
  • 1/2 orange and 1/2 yellow bell peppers cut into 1 inch long thin slices
  • 2 chopped onions
  • 1 lbs of chinese egg noodles
  • 3/4 cup soy sauce (try to use low salt)
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 2 tbsp of vinegar
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp of peanut butter
  • oil to dry onions
  • black and chili pepper to taste

Directions
  • Prepare the noodles according to the package instructions (generally boil them for 3 minutes in about 5L of water)
  • Strain the noodles and leave on the side
  • Prepare the sauce by combining the soy sauce, oil, vinegar and brown sugar
  • Heat up a wok
  • Add oil
  • Sauté the onions until translucent
  • Add in the green beans and sauté until they start to become greener
  • Add in the bell peppers and sauté for about another minute or two
  • Add the noodles and mix everything well
  • Add in the sauce and mix
  • Stir in the peanut butter and mix
  • Add black and chili pepper to taste
  • Serve with chopsticks ^^ perfect date idea ;)

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, if it is not quite Thai I'll probably like it, seeing as I hate Thai food, haha. But this recipe has none of the pesky coconut or other things that make me dislike Thai. Putting this on the try-it list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really :O The thing with Thai is they put way too many flavours into one dish -.- I feel like it gets a little overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, part of the reason this looks good to me! Simpler is often much better:)

    ReplyDelete