What I did like was their cheese shops. Being a cheese lover I was in heaven because they had a lot of taste samples. Goat cheese, Sheep cheese, soft cheese, hard cheese, cheese with red pepper, cheese with pesto, cheese with tomatoes, aged cheese, fresh cheese, Gouda cheese, very aged Gouda cheese ALL IN MY BELLY! There were literally two cheese stores right beside each other and both had the same cheese along with samples. I had cheese for lunch that day... a lot of it.
Now the cool part is that Dutch people are awesome. Guess what they eat their cheese with?
Wait for it... Mustard. Yes, mustard. Weired ha?
Since I ate so many samples, I felt bad and decided to buy something. I was sketched out about buying cheese because I didn't have any fridges and was going to spend 2 weeks in the hot regions of Europe. So I opted for some dill mustard :P
Cheese and Mustard! Who would've thought? It's like the new PB and J :D
![]() |
| http://www.4b.nl/c/de-wijndragers.html |

I've totally bought out of 'too much sampling' guilt too :)
ReplyDeleteMustard and cheese are terrific! I've always adored swiss cheese on rye bread that is spread with some mustard...
ReplyDelete