As for my little friday saturday foodie, I wanted to try protein powder :) I've actually never had protein powder... like ever. I used to have protein bars once in a gazillion years and I loved them. So protein powder it was. I picked out the Vega one for no particular reason either that it was individually packaged and I didn't feel like buying a 50$ case of protein. The single serving was 2$ and contained 2 servings of veggies, 11g of protein, and 7g of fiber. Wohoo! Oh and I picked the chocolate flavour no duh!
In terms of using the protein powder I wanted to keep things simple so I mixed it into my oats along with some soy milk. I'll admit it was pretty chocolaty however there was too much stevia (or I'm just not used to the flavour). Hence, there was kind of like bitter stevia aftertaste that I wasn't too fond off. In terms of the protein itself, you couldn't really taste it because everything was overpowered by stevia. This was a nice saturday treat as I rarely make chocolate porridge now and my diet has been lacking veggies since university started. However, I don't see the point in spending $2 on 11g of protein as a cup of my soy milk has 9g at a fraction of the cost. Just needed to feed my curiosity!
Oh I'm also going down to Hamilton this weekend (for partying and not for studying purposes as pretty much every day) so hopefully I can get some nice pictures as Hamilton is a pretty city ^^
Did you guys try anything new this weekend?
I tried that powder once and did my love it. However, info have a vegan powder I adore-it's the MRM veggie protein, either in chocolate or vanilla-I make shakes with half almond milk and half water and add extracts of either almond or vanilla. It's good.
ReplyDeleteAs for new this weekend-I can't say I did muh but stay in and avoid the insane heat here...
Kewl I'll try out the MRM veggie protein :)
ReplyDeleteWoa? Is it that bad in LA right now? I was shivering in bed last night, it's getting really chilly where I live right now :( We could trade lol :P
Ha, yeah it's been so hot here it doesn't even cool down at night. Normally it can be really hot but at night it is almost always sweater weather. Not now tho...
ReplyDeleteGood to know, it was moderate temperature the whole time that I've been there (that was in May though). I've been actually thinking of living in California at some point in my life but then that won't be for while...
ReplyDeleteI tried a new protein bar over the weekend, delightfully called POWER CRUNCH, which has to be the silliest name ever :)
ReplyDeleteohh i miss the university days! i went to UW!
ReplyDeleteHehe power crunch! I kind of want to try them now.
ReplyDeleteAww! UW is nice! How cool that the girls I was with this weekend are from UW but one has co-op in Hamilton ^^
I am not big on protein powder either so I have no suggestions, but if I did use it chocolate seems appropriate :)
ReplyDelete