Monday, March 4, 2013

McD is the new Black Plague

I apologize but I'm highly bitter, sad, scared, and anxious over something that has happened this weekend. I do not have enough information yet to tell you exactly what happened. All I know is I'm mad :( McDonalds is something I feel very passionately against so I'll vent about it. I know I should be careful with what I post on the web... But Fuck it, it's for the best of the society.

What happened in my family isn't because of McDonalds but it is killing people as we speak. There are petitions to stop this, help this or do that. Could there be a petition to shut down all the McDonald's stores or have the government buy them and liquidate them? I'm pretty sure it'll cost the government (where there's public health) less in the long run due to the very high health care costs. Who cares about the money, we're talking about HUMAN LIVES!!! I have absolutely no respect for McDonalds owners or the people in charge of the actual franchiseHow can they be so heartless? You're human beings too so why are you literally poisoning others???


Source: http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=1513219

Source: http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/archive/tags/chickens/default.aspx


Source: http://www.spotpk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32


If I was one of those Miss whatever country and asked what I'd do if I'd have a billion dollars I'd say that I would buy all of the Fast Food joints and liquidate them (try to support the poor laid off workers too of course) instead of blabbing about world peace or curing cancer. Closing down Fast Food joints is one of the ways to cure cancer and heart disease and diabetes. With that you won't need that many kidney transplants, you won't need to spend billions of dollars trying to develop heart drugs or diabetes drugs... Like omg! Diabetes kills your brain... these corporations are literally killing people's brains.
Source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/slaughter?language=it_IT


Source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/mcdeath
Source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/mcdeath
Source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/mcdonalds%20logo
Source: http://weheartit.com/entry/25232896?group=B&imgres=
McDonald's has become the new black plague/ flu/ or other deadly disease. It must be stopped. Period.

28 comments:

  1. wow that's the ugly truth and I hope the Mc'd's are reading it.
    I love it.
    I'm happy that my kids are not that much into junk.
    (hey are somewhat...but not extremely)
    Thanks Nadiya for this post!
    I hope you feel better(what kept you off during the weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Mc'd know it :) We are the ones that control whether it stays in business or not by buying/ not buying their products ;)

      Delete
    2. LOL--I mean that I hope that they are aware of this and do something about it.(They-Mc'd's family)
      Sorry I ate up half of my words.
      Hope you are well, share away if you'd like!

      Delete
  2. oh no...I hope you're OK about whatever's happening in your life. In my thoughts hun.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Nadiya, I really hope that whatever happened over the weekend takes a turn for the better. Don't feel like you have to share any more than you want, but know that you're in our thoughts :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to hear more about what upset you so, if you want to share that is, I am sorry you had such a scare.

    Okay I want to put this honestly and carefully. We rarely eat at Fast Food, a soft serve here, a hamburger there when we're traveling and our choices are slim, but normally, no, it's not a part of our life. I love food to much to have a mediocre meal which is what I think fast food is.

    That said, we need to have free enterprise and also make people accountable for their own choices. People know the dangers of not just McDonalds, but fast food and the myriad of processed food and non-food food sold at grocery stores.

    I know where you're coming from but many people I know eat like crap and it's not just from one fast food joint, it's their daily life. I think it's really sad and I give my input when asked but really, I think most people don't really care.

    I don't agree with how meat is dealt with so we rarely eat it and I am even trying to slyly take it out of our diet altogether. I am not going to force my husband of course but hopefully I'll make so much other good vegetarian food. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for sharing that :)

      It's actually crazy because Canada (or maybe just Ontario) is thinking of putting a tax on fast food like they do on alcohol. Yet, what is considered as junk food??? What about Kellogg Cereal? It's basically sugar so would you tax that too?

      Delete
    2. Nadiya-Kellogs cereal even special K is just sugar?

      Delete

    3. See, this is where it gets EXTREMELY tricky and it's such a slippery slope. If you're going to tax unhealthy food you're going to be taxing 90% of the food sold in grocery stores. And who's to say what's healthy and what isn't?

      I eat tons of avocados and nuts, since they're both high in fat are they considered unhealthy? I buy wheat kernals in bulk and grind them myself to make bread and many other baked goods, will I be taxed on that because so many people now days think carbs are the enemy.

      People need to stop being victims. It doesn't take much to do a quick internet search to find out the harmful ingredients (HFCS, hydrogenated anything, etc, etc, etc.) Or if you are really clueless go talk to a dietician or take a class on nutrition.

      Yes it takes time to gain knowledge, cook, chop veggies etc. but you have a choice and you know what you're doing. Business' only stay in business because people are going there.

      Trust me, I am horrified at what people eat, and more so the habits they are teaching their children, but at the end of it all is the issue of freedom and responsibility.

      I wanted to let you know I volunteer at my kids school and every year I do a nutrition lesson. I teach them about whole grains and how to read food labels. It's great fun and I find that they crave information, they just need it explained in terms they can understand.

      Sorry for the book, obviously nutrition is a passion of mine. Step up parents, kids need your help.

      Delete
    4. I'm not 100% sure about Special K. The trick is to look at the ingredients. The order in which they appear signifies how much of that ingredient is in the food. So if sugar is one of the first ingredients that means that the food item is primarily made out of it ;) I've seen cereals where sugar came before wheat... scary!

      Delete
    5. Thanx for sharing that Marie! I can definitely tell you're passionate about nutrition :D

      I do get what you mean about taxing "high fat" and "high carb" foods but I think Ontario right now is gearing more towards things like chocolate bars, chips, and junk food like that. I wonder if they'll consider granola bars as chocolate bars because some of there are! I doubt they'll tax anything in the produce section though. Technically fruits are like pure carbs too :P

      I agree that there's so much information out there with regards to nutrition. The internet and blogs is how I learned everything!

      One scary thing about the current state of nutrition is that it's becoming almost like a drug problem in the sense of peer pressure. It's like you won't be the "cool" kid if you don't eat with your friends at a certain fast food joint or you'll be that weird kid with a salad for lunch. Just something that I felt when I lived with my old housemates.

      Delete
  5. Yikes. I don't have much useful or amusing to say just this: hand in there, and I am sending cyber hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're ok! I avoid fast food! It isnt real food!! It is far too accessible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine now :) Getting over the shock. I'm with you on fast food not being real food.

      Delete
  7. My kids have NEVER tried fast food and they're shocked when they hear of their friends eating at McD's. They know that that stuff is "non-food" and will hurt them! One of our fav places to eat is a local restaurant that serves sandwiches, salads and soup, made with food from local farms, much of it organic. They have a sign that says "please be patient, slow food takes time" I love that! Love the "slow food" movement in general :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're an awesome mom! As kids we develop our taste buds so if they never try all those fast foods then they just won't crave them :) It's true real food takes time- unless it's fruits aka my favorite fast food.

      Delete
  8. That's so sad! And nasty about the meal that doesn't mold for months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really 0.0 I work at a bacteria lab and trust me those little things grow like crazy (even on antibiotics if you leave them out for a long time!!!) There must be some serious toxic chemicals in there that bacteria don't grow on it!

      Delete
  9. On a lighter note just wanted to share some proud moments in my (food) life.

    When Emry was 5 or so the sacrament was being passed to us at church (we partake of bread and water) when it came to us Emry looked at us and said "That bread is white, it's been bleached", the people behind us started laughing, I was SOOOOOO proud.

    Emry was at my sisters house when she was 5 or 6 and my sister (not the dietician, my other sister) was telling a friend she was taking all the kids to get Happy Meals. Emry thought that was so cool, she had never heard of "Happy Meals".

    Also when she was 7 she spent the night at a friends and the mom was laughing when Emry had no idea what an Eggo waffle was.

    Proud moments for me indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!You've surely raised your kids right :) Yeah... I've never known about a lot of junk foods before coming to Canada 0.0 Even living with my old housemates they would always talk about some strange fast food things and I couldn't understand what they were talking about...

      Delete
  10. The fast-food trend is definitely out of control in America!! No one ever eats at home anymore. Kids would rather eat fast food than a home cooked meal! It is so sad. I have great memories of sitting around the table with my family eating dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I understand if you're travelling or have some celebration then you go out and eat. But wow... on the daily basis 0.0

      Delete