Monday, March 11, 2013

Running Songs

Last week I have been a mess. A total mess... I pretty much spent the whole day at the hospital on Monday. On Tuesday, I was so exhausted that I just came back home after my class and slept. Literally, just slept and then went for hot yoga at night. I knew that there was no point in sitting around the house worrying so I tried my best to get back into my routine. I kept myself busy in the lab and kept up with my regular exercise. Now I'm getting myself back to my blogging track and hopefully nothing will get in my way until my grandma's test results come back (we have to wait forever for anything medically related- thank you Canadian healthcare system!)

I didn't formally record my exercises this week but I did do 2 sets of plank workouts, 2 Bikram Yoga classes, either two or three 30 min jogs (don't remember), and a nice 8 mile run on Sunday!

This Sunday, I was blessed with a beautiful spring day with the temperature being amazing 10C (50F). That's the highest it has been in the last month!!! Of course I took opportunity of this day and went for a nice slow jog. I ran about 3km till my friend's house and then we ran another 10km together. It's amazing how much easier it is to run with someone and time just passes by so quickly too!

For today's post I compiled a bunch new songs that I've added to my MP3 just for running. Hope you like them :)

If you have any song suggestions please leave them in the comments. Also vote for which science topics you'd like to hear about at the poll on the right hand site of the blogpage! Thanx!


Absolutely love this song! Who doesn't like Madagascar anyways?

This song is all about female power. Just makes me feel good and strong ;)


Just a fun song!


Whenever you're angry at some- listen to this!


Another fun Cascada song!


Pure epicness!!!


I love love love this song. Makes me appreciate myself :)


I call this the Siren song... I dunno... I just like it


This song has really just got stuck in my head...


Epic!!!


Wow my third Rihanna song!


So epic!!!


Retarded lyrics but great stress relief!


Honestly Two Steps From Hell is amazing! All of their songs are just so epic!!!


Got to love Basshunter! I actually saw him at a concert 2 years ago!


Epic song that makes you feel like a million bucks after a hard work out!

10 comments:

  1. thats a great list Nadiya!
    I love the cascada song too (touch).
    You might want to try 'these words' by Natasha Bedding field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cascada is awesome! Her songs are so fun and carefree- perfect for a run. Ooh I like Natasha Bedding but I've never heard of that particular song. Thanx for the suggestion :D

      Delete
  2. Oh, no! Big hugs from Pittsburgh. I really hope that things turn for the better :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love springtime runs!! It feels so good after a cold winter . . . . can't wait for Chicago to get there. Soon, hopefully. Thanks for the music ideas--I need to refresh my iPod selection! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Refreshing the iPod is always fun :P I so spent 2 hours doing that on Sunday.

      I'm so sad that it's going to get cold again in Toronto. The weather is just so unpredictable all the time. Bummers :( Hope it warms up in Chicago ^^

      Delete
  4. Just sending love and good vibes to you and your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your Gran is ok! And you too!!! There must be something in the air because March has just been hard!!! Love the play list! I can't believe how cold it is, 10 degrees and I'm freezing and complaining so hard! :) I'm a wimp!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee I wish it was 10 degrees in Canada :) It's actually a really nice temperature to run at because you're not really sweating much. Plus remember that it always feels 10 degrees warmer when you're running :P

      I dunno how you survive in that heat though. My friend from Australia tells me it's often 40C out!!! I would just melt in that temperature 0.0

      Delete