Now don't want to bore yea with chatter. Let's check out some FOOD! Today, I present you with 3 delicious meal ideas which are healthy, tasty, quick, and super light :D There really are no formal recipes as these are more or the less things I've whipped together. My family is quite busy at the moment (including me) so there hasn't been grocery shopping going on and I've been working with what I've got.
Numero #1 Blue Cornmeal!
I have made this delicious beast a while back. This time I came back for more, but for a banana version. To make 4 servings all I've done was slowly stirred in 1.3 cups of blue cornmeal into a boiling pot of 3 cups of water and 2 cups of soya milk. Afterwards I stirred in 2 microwaved bananas, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, and a dash of cinnamon. That's all ;)
Numero #2 Baby Lima Bean Wrap
This babe was an extension of last week's "Elf Wrap". I had some collard greens left over so I decided to use them up. For the filling I cooked some baby lima beans and blended them in a food processor along with garlic, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano. Along side the lima bean spread, I added some chopped cucumbers and aged cheddar cheese. Roll up and eat :D
Numero #3 Mung Bean Sprouts and Raita Sauce Salad
First off sprout some mung beans. Then find that left over plain yogurt in the fridge and food process it with some onions, cucumber, and mint. Make a salad base out of tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Top off with mung bean sprouts and pour the raita sauce all over. Dig in!
woohoo! such an exciting time of your life!!
ReplyDeleteJust catching up with things with you. Hoping for the best for May and when you find out where you're heading - THAT is super exciting!
Girl I've missed you! Hope all best in terms of your family situation.
DeleteYeah... I'm excited but scared for May :S
Yay!!!!!!!!! Good luck Nadiya :).
ReplyDeleteThanx Z :D
DeletePS: You should try the sprouted mung bean and raita salad :P
Mmmm definitely inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThanx Sunnie :D
DeleteIt's always nice to play around with food and come up with new things. Definitely spices things up :D
Well, you know I love lettuce wraps, so I should definitely try collard green wraps! :)
ReplyDeleteTry them! I'd say collard green wraps are more sturdy. That's the thing I don't like with bread wrap, they get soggy. However, that doesn't happen with collard green wraps :D
DeleteCongrats and good luck to you!!
ReplyDeleteThanx :)
Delete