Ain't going to lie but I was scared to press publish on yesterday's post. I hope that people didn't take it the wrong way. What I really wanted to say was two things. First, what happened in Boston hurt and I really can't imagine what people in areas of the world have to live with every single day. Second, I think there was too much hype about it. I'm sure something much worse happened in another country that day and much more then 3 people have died. Why is the Boston event all over the news on a global scale, but not what happened in that other country?
Anyways, about a week ago my NuStevia package came :D I actually won it as a giveaway from Erica House's site. Ooh I was so psyched to get it and boy was there a lot in that package!!!
Yeahhh... to be honest I've only had the chance to try vanilla, chocolate, and lemon pure liquid alcohol-free stevia. They're amazing because there's no bitter stevia aftertaste :D
The vanilla stevia is my absolute favorite. Seriously, it says there're 160ish servings per bottle but it won't last or too long. It is absolutely heavenly in coffee :D I used to love getting those vanilla flavored coffees when I was younger but that was artificial flavoring. That's what I love about the vanilla stevia, it's the true natural stuff!
Lastly I made cookies :) Yummy guilt free, sugarless, chocolaty cookies. Who wouldn't like that?
Banana Choco-Nut Sugarless Cookies
Ingredients:
(Makes 14 little guys)
* 3 ripe bananas
* 2 tbsp peanut butter
* 2 tbsp cocoa
* 2 tbsp flax seeds
* 4 egg whites
* 1.5 cup of blended oats (just blend regular oats in a food processor)
* 2 tbsp wheat bran
* 21 drops of chocolate stevia
Directions:
* Microwave and mush the bananas
* Combine all of the ingredients
* Bake for 25 min at 350C
Daddy (AKA the cookie monster) approves!
In case your wondering, I made some rice coconut milk cookies yesterday and some buckwheat cookies today. Dang that stevia is going to run out soon :P
I have never tried stevia before! Crazy I know! Sounds nice though.
ReplyDeleteYou've never tried stevia 0.0 To be honest, I'm not too big on sweeteners but it's better then the artificial ones. Stevia usually has a bitter aftertaste but the NuStevia brand doesn't. I'm not sure what they do to it to make it so :S
DeleteMan, if the purpose of giveaways is to get you hooked on the product, the nunaturals one works. I won some a while back and I love that stuff, it is seriously the only stevia product I've ever tried that doesn't have that bitter taste. I'm glad you got to try it!
ReplyDeleteSo here's my thing with your post on the Boston thing. Let people grieve. It was a big attack that injured TONS of people rather tragically and it was an attempt on far more lives than just three. It wasn't just an attack on runners. And it's a big deal because it was close to home. Yes, there should be more attention to crimes around the world, but as human beings when something happens to us, personally, it is going to get more attention. Saying people shouldn't make a big deal about a crime because there are other ones going on around the world would be like if I had said you shouldn't post about you or your family's health issues because there were other bloggers out there with worse ones. Not as big a deal as like what you were talking about, I know. I guess my point is that one persons pain does not diminish another persons pain...
Yeah, that stevia is pretty addicting :P
DeleteIt really is natural to care more about something that happens close to home. Not saying that people shouldn't grieve about it or anything. Man, I was pissed and upset and hurt when I heard about it too. However, when I do hear about the genocides and other nasty shit that happens in other countries I don't hurt as much... It is how humans are but I do wish we paid more attention to other things going on around the globe.
Yet again, I'm not even American so my view is from an outsider's prospective. If there was an explosion at the Toronto Marathon I'd probably be freaking out. Plus, there has been a lot of shooting and stuff in America recently :S
DeleteIm a huge fan of NuNaturals stevia! It has the best taste of all the stevia's I've tried. Glad you're enjoying all the flavors . . . it's fun to experiment with it. The cookies you made sound delicious!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I've been playing around quite a bit with it :) Hopefully it'll help reduce my dad's sugar consumption :P
DeleteI have only tried powdered stevia, which I didn't really like. I keep hearing good things about NuNaturals, though, so I'll have to give it a shot, especially the vanilla :)
ReplyDeleteI do really like the vanilla one but it's pricy. It's about 16$ but then again it's around 160 servings :D
Delete