Now that I have reading week (a one week vacation), I am kind of stuck in Hamilton until Sunday because I'm supposed to go out for my friend's birthday. So I decided to explore the neighbourhood and came upon this natural foods store that a couple of people from my naturopathy class talked about. There they had taste testers for some muesli. I was really tempted to buy some but it was $4.50 for 5 servings! I can't afford that on a student budget! Instead I went home (I did buy some coconut dream milk though :P) and research how to make homemade muesli. It turns out that it's pretty simple and all you need is some rolled oats, other grain flakes, nuts, dried fruits... and that's it...
Breakfast muesli
Ingredients
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of rye flakes
- 1/2 cup of wheat bran
- 1/2 cup of almond pieces
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- Optional: honestly any nuts, dried berries, coconut, any other grain flakes
Directions
- Break up the nuts into bite size pieces and toast in the oven at 350C for 10 minutes, mixing halfway
- Separately from the nuts, toast the rolled oats, rye flakes, and wheat bran on a tray for 15 minutes, mixing halfway
- Get a bit container
- Fill it up with the toasted nuts, grains, and raisins
- Shake it
- Serve with milk, juice, yogurt, water or just eat it as is
No comments:
Post a Comment