Another accomplishment was me heading over to the library to pick up some books on running. Seeing that I want to avoid any injuries, it's in my best interest to learn as much science behind running as possible. I do promise to post all of the interesting stuff I learn. For example, did you know that being flexible actually interferes with your running ability??? Apparently, having flexible joints means that your body needs to spend energy trying to balance them which decreases the available amount of energy needed for actual running. That's a dilemma because I need to maintain flexibility for synchro :( I guess it will just be a matter of finding balance.
Additionally, I actually put together my own running training log. YaY!
· Legend
Swim- 200m warm up, synchro set workout 3x(25m
underwater, 25m eggbeater, 25m sculling, 25m kick-pull-kick), 10x 100 m
kicking drills, 15 min breast stroke, practise synchro figures, 5 min cool down)
· Speed work- 200m fast (but not sprinting) alternating with 800m easy
· Hills- running outdoors and up and down a hill
at local park
· Strength- upper body and core strength workout
· TWD- My Tae Kwan Do class
Grey highlights- not cofirmed because it’s my
holiday time and I might be going out a lot
· Yellow highlight- I’ll probably have a lot of
homework that week and simply will be exhausted to run from lack of sleep
Does this look like a reasonable schedule? Technically I do have 2 days of leg rest which is during the strength days so I shouldn't be overworking myself. I guess I'll just see how it goes and modify things if needed.
Also if you guys have any questions about any recipes, random scientific stuff, or just general inquiries about my life, feel free to e-mail questions to n.khyzha@gmail.com. I'll work on creating an FAQ section to answer all of them :)
Now back to studying :P
~Nadiya

No comments:
Post a Comment