Some of my workouts last week have been a bit of a fail and due to some circumstances I only went to yoga once this week :(
I was going to go on Saturday but there was an accident on the road so me and my friend couldn't get to the class on time. You know what! I'm kind of glad we didn't go because it was beautiful outside and we went for a jog instead :D
![]() |
| Source: http://skreened.com/render-product/m/y/n/myncmmanunmijqeuamyy/if-you-can-t-see-the-bright-side-of-life-polish-the-dull-side.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.lemon.w760h760.jpg |
We just kept running and running in the local park and I was crazy enough to run in this shirt and my short shorts. People kept starring and making comments about a) lack of shoes, b) minimal clothing. The run itself felt good, it felt natural... I definitely went at a pretty low speed but I enjoyed everything that this strangely warm day had to offer. No -20 days, I don't miss you -.-
| No wonder people though I was crazy to wear this in January. The picture is from May 2012 though. |
After the run we met up with another friend at Panera Bread. I've actually never been so I was uber psyched to try it out. It's supposed to be healthy and all according to my friend and gosh they list the amount of calories in every food item on the blackboard with prices. A little too much? Anyways I got a tuna salad sandwich on wheat and honey bread (haven't had one in ages) and surprisingly got an apple along with it? The bread was soo good and fresh. I pretty much ate the bread and the tuna salad separately (I do that a lot with pizza). As for the tuna salad, it was tasty but not drenched in mayo- they do keep things healthy :D
Afterwards I went to the lab... What else would I do on a Saturday?
My training schedule is now changing as I'm no longer following the run & form drills and strength drills alterations. I'm now including long runs, tempo runs, and regular runs so stay tuned for that ;)
This is what it looked like last week:
Monday
|
25 min run + 5min plank workout
|
Tuesday
|
Strength drills + 5min plank workout
|
Wednesday
|
Yoga!
|
Thursday
|
25 min run
|
Friday
|
Strength drills + 5min plank workout
|
Saturday
|
7km barefoot run (~40 min)
|
Sunday
|
Rest! <dance to Gangham style with my mom…>
|

LOL I love your rest day!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you ran in socks, girl. SOCKS!!!
It was such a beaaautiful day Saturday - loved it.
Haha! I showed my mom the Gangham Style video and now she can't stop dancing to it :P
DeleteYup... socks... People starred at me... I ignored them :)
Omg you wore that for a run--in Canada? Was it not freezing? Its freezing here.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the above post--SOCKS? Bravo!
Well it was about 10 degrees out and when you run you feel 10 degrees warmer, so it wasn't too bad.
DeleteYa, socks... I did't have my running "slippers" with me lol!
Oh my gosh that's crazy. I run on a dirt horse trail so I'd be in big trouble if I forgot my shoes. Hats off to you for doing it in socks, oh to be young again.....
ReplyDeleteHaha! It was kind of muddy on Saturday :P The socks did not look pretty afterwards lol!
DeleteRunning barefoot does make me feel really young, such a nice feeling ^^
10 degrees warmer is still 20 degrees, which is still below which water freezes... Cold. I love the barefoot running though, even if it was in socks, which is a bit different. It is amazing how sore your calves get the first few times!
ReplyDeleteOh sorry I meant 10C not F :P I don't think I would go running if it was under freezing temperature :S Ya my calves are hurting a bit today but much less then on Sunday. I just didn't expect to run 7k!
Delete