Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking Back and New Goals

Yesterday I was chilling with a few friends and reminiscing over 2012. Honestly, it's been an amazing year. 

It all began with me starting this blog. I guess it was kind of a New Years Resolution...

Then I met a bunch of really cool people at the lab I was at and there was some partying going on :P Good times! I kind of miss living away from home just for that reason.

I went to Calgary for my synchronized swimming competition and we got 3rd place for University Novice Teams at Nationals! WooT!
I'm sure I've used this picture like a gazillion times! It kind of hard to get a good synchro picture because they all turn out blurry!

After synchro, I trained for my first 10k race and managed to get in the top 20% for females. Not bad for first time :P
I've decided to move back home to my family <3

How can I forget Europe? Spending a whole month in England, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and Spain! What more could a girl ask for? Oooh... I also kind of went out on a date while in Spain :P It was quite random and unexpected 0.0
I absolutely loved Amsterdam <3

I'll be getting my first scientific publication anytime now ^^ YaY!

I managed to miss my half-marathon race... Honestly, the subway doesn't run starting 9am on Sundays. Like what?

I did the BadAss Dash race. It was slightly muddy and had fun obstacles. Glad I did it though!

My kitty passed away :(

Finally I went to Mexico :)

Celebrated New Years with my lovely family. My uncle's side of the family showed up at our place 15 minutes before midnight. Best surprise ever <3

It's been a fun year but I am very scared of what's to come in 2013. I will graduate in 4 months and have no clue what I'm doing afterwards. Will it be med school or will I do my masters? I really don't know and it'll depend on where I get in. All I know is that I'm ready to graduate ^^

2012 has been a memorable year! Thank you guys for following my blog and supporting me throughout the year. 

Best of everything in 2013 :)

16 comments:

  1. Wow, i think synchro swimming is amazing, how cool!!

    Okay, i've whined to myself MANY times bout the late subway start on sundays. Uhhh what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Synchro is awesome but really hard :( Especially when you can't wear goggles and need to find people underwater who are all wearing the same swim suits lol!

      I know like 9am seriously? Sigh, they should just have less frequent service at least.

      Delete
  2. A lot of fun in 2012 - I'm especially jealous of your month in Europe!! Good luck with your decision on what's next, I think this is always a tricky time in life. Take your time and figure out what's right..no rush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good advice not to rush. I always feel like if I take more time I will somehow get behind everyone else. Need to get that crazy thinking out of my head :P

      Delete
  3. Wow! A whole month in Europe? That is awesome. I would love that! That is so cool that you are a synchronized swimmer. I bet you have to be in awesome shape to do that. Your 2012 sounds like it was pretty great. Happy New Year's to you and I hope 2013 is even better to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too :)

      It's actually not that expensive to go to Europe if you do backpacking ^^ It's more a problem of finding the time to go :S

      Delete
  4. How did I miss that you did synchronized swimming? Awesome, you are one accomplished woman, Here's to 2013 being wonderful and eventful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanx Marie :) The synchro season stopped 2 months after I started the blog so I guess I didn't talk about it too much.

      Happy New Year to you and your family <3

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year! Sounds like 2013 hold lots of new opportunities and promise for you! Make it a great year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A happy new year to come indeed! Here's to another year of swimming, running, working, playing, traveling, and...you learning to make cocktails;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup learning to make cocktails ^^ Totally on bucket list this year :P

      Delete
  7. You do synchronized swimming? That is too fun! And heck, graduating is scary, but also pretty darn awesome--so many options open up, so much room to experiment, try new things, figure out where you're going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing- there're so many options out there and that is scary 0.0 All I know is I'll get somewhere ^^

      Delete
  8. Somehow I had no idea that you do synchronized swimming! That's so neat!

    New things and transitions are always scary, but they can be really liberating, too! I think 2013 will be a great year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I "used" to do synchronized swimming :( Miss it like crazy!

      Thanx :) Best of wishes for 2013 for you too ^^

      Delete