Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Ingredients
- 1 pepper
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 (750mL) can of chickpeas
- 2 cloves of garlic
- chili pepper
- black pepper
Directions
- Cut the pepper into 8 slices, cover with oil and put into a toaster oven or regular oven for 10 minutes at 350F
- Meanwhile grind up the chickpeas in the food processor
- Then very finely chop the garlic
- Add the the garlic unto the roasting pepper and leave it to roast for additional 5 minutes
- Add the garlic and pepper to the food processor and grind
- Adjust to taste the chili pepper and black pepper
- Also, add water to adjust for consistency
Aah... How I enjoyed a massive bowl of steamed veggies with my hummus and then had the hummus for lunch in a sandwich. Even my mom (big meat lover) could not resist :P Most of all this recipe is very high protein and low fat so it's actually filling and I would consider as a protein group.
This is my favorite flavor hummus at the store and I bet it is even better homemade!
ReplyDeleteOooh, hummus! I might cheat and try using my jarred roasted red peppers on this one.
ReplyDelete:D Let me know how that goes.
ReplyDeleteYum, this sandwich looks really good - I am a hummus addict :D
ReplyDeleteCheers
Choc Chip Uru
Latest: Tropical Caramelised Baked German Pancake
I love hummus and I've been in search of a recipe for it, I might just give this a go!
ReplyDelete