There was a period in my life which I treasure (so far) the most in my life. It was when I just moved to Canada. Yes, it was difficult and stressful but at the same time it was an adventure. There was so much to learn, explore, try, and see. Not knowing English was one of the hardest things I've had to deal with but being a kid I quickly caught on. For the first month I lived in my cousin's apartment but afterwards we rented our own little apartment on the same floor as him. Also, on the same floor there were 2 other Russian/ Ukrainian kids who were already my cousin's friends and I befriended them.![]() | ||||
| The four amigo's (didn't want to show their faces because I'm not sure if they want them on a blog) |
Also, I got a little pet! Her name is Chernucha and I got her from our neighbors during the first month in Canada. She was an awesome companion because she was always hyper and would always attack my feet (she wouldn't take out claws though). She still lives with my parents but she has kind of become obese. My parents put her on a diet but she is still one chubby kitty. It all happened after she got fixed, so I guess it messed around with her hormones and in-turn her metabolism.
![]() |
| Typical Russian Dinner Party Menu |

We also went a lot of places like Canada's Wonderland and Marineland (I kind of got attacked my deers there), the Toronto Zoo, and Central Island. Of course there were many more places we visited but there's no space to mention them all!

So I went to the same school in grade 6 and 7 where I eventually made some friends towards the end. Then I moved and ended up going to a different school in grade 8. It was actually a really fun year because my English has improved so much that I could communicate freely with everyone. This was the year when I met one of my besties, Ranjani, along with a bunch of other friends. Overall, it was one of the funnest school years.
YaY! I graduated middle school. That pretty much gives a glance of some of the more happiest and careless years of my life.
Cheers
Nadiya :D





No comments:
Post a Comment