C'mon we all do it. Christmas break is the time to stay at home, sit under the warm sheets, drink tea, read books, spend time with family but realistically most students don't exercise. I believe that it is vital to give our bodies some rest but the problem is that I have a synchro competition in 1.5 weeks! AAH!
To start off my day, I tried to get back to my regular regiment off 15 minutes of stretches. I could still touch my toes lol but the flexibility I was working on all of last semester just seemed to go down the drain. Hopefully I'll regain it pretty quickly :S
Let me my room is really warm so I didn't really bother with much of a warm up because I was already sweating :D Since I'm just trying to get back to my original shape I tried to keep my exercise intensity pretty low. I did a minute of planks and 30 seconds per side of side planks. Then I did the cobra, cat/dog, child's pose, some hamstring stretches, quads stretches, butterfly pose, and the piriformis stretch. For each stretch I held it for about 1min.
Between two of my classes, I made my way to the pool today...I just did a low impact 50 min swim where I did about 30 min of very easy breaststroke followed by 4x25m sets of kicking doing flutter kick, whip kick, flutter kick, flutter kick on back, flutter kick, and finally whip kick. Then I cooled down in another easy 5 min of breast stroke. I didn't actually do anything synchro related because a) I had to run off to class b) I just wanted to get a feel for the water again before my practise tomorrow.
For the next few days, I'll slowly add more stretches to my routine and push myself further. Also, once I get the chance I'll post a detailed list of my daily stretches.
I'm hoping to start swimming soon!! I haven't done it since I was a kid in swimming lessons. I just need a practical swimsuit!! Lol.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck :) Finding a good swimsuit on a budget is a challenge. I remember as I kid, my mom would always buy me cheap swimsuits and they would stretch out within the month. For the last 1-2 years I have been using my speedo swimsuit which I got for about 60$ but it's really good quality. I remember getting a Roots swimsuit back in grade 9 for like 20$ which is still usable condition but doesn't really fit me anymore...
ReplyDelete