Now big surprise! Oatmeal has medium glycemic index! Say Wha! On the other hand pasta (even plain white pasta), barley, bulgur, and bran had really low glycemic index. Since I'm not home most of the day, I need a good filling breakfast so I decided to experiment with barley. It actually turned out tasty and very risotto like! So creamy and actually kept me full for a while (I did have an yogurt and an apple on the side).
Barley Strawberry Risotto Delight
Ingredients (Serves: 4)
·
1 cup barley
·
1 ½ cup plain soya milk
·
1 ½ cup water
·
1 cup chopped strawberries
·
1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
·
4 tbsp flax seeds
Directions
1. 1. Make sure to soak the barley
overnight as it will save your cooking time by 30 min
2. 2. In the morning bring barley to
a boil with soya milk and water
3. 3. Lower down to a simmer and cook
for 10 minutes
4. 4. Add in the strawberries, honey,
and flax seeds
5. 5. Cook for another 5 minutes
6. Enjoy the warm, risotto delight
No comments:
Post a Comment