Monday, January 30, 2012

Childhood memories of... banana split

What I love about weekends is that there's time to get creative with food. I recalled how in my childhood I had an ice cream store right by my house. Well they had some delicious banana splits. Yumm...Not healthy at all though. So I felt like making a healthy oatmealish version of one as a post swimming snack.


Banana Oat Split


Ingredients (Serves 4)
·         2 cups oats
·         2 cups water
·         1 cup milk
·         Tiny pinch of salt
·         1 tsp vanilla
·         1 tbsp peanut butter
·         2 ripe bananas
·         4 normal banana
·         4 tsp peanut butter

Procedure
1.       1. Microwave the mashed up ripe bananas for 1-2 min
2.       2. Add oats to water and milk
3.       3. Bring to boil, then remove from stove
4.       4. Add in salt, vanilla and peanut butter
5.       5. Get the bananas out of the microwave and add to the oats but leave a teaspoon behind
6.       6. Combined the leftover microwaved banana with the 4 teasoons of peanut butter
7.       7. Cut the bananas in half
8.       8. Place some oats on the bananas
9.       9. Drizzle on the peanut butter and banana mixture



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment