Friday, January 20, 2012

Breakfast for Champions

I have a confession... I have 8:30 morning classes every day other that Tuesday! Plus those days I don't get back home until 10pm or today 12:15am. Therefore, breakfast is a must, must, and must. For example, these last few days I've made myself some Oatmeal Raisin Creamy Delight. Yum!

 

So Creamy... and Dreamy...


Oatmeal Raisin Creamy Delight
Ingredients (Serves: 4)
·         2.5 cup of oatmeal
·         2.5 cups of milk
·         1/3 cup of raisins soaked in hot water
·         1.5 cup of water
·         2-3 tbsp of half-and-half creme
·         1-2 tbsp of honey (I used 1.5 tbsp of buckwheat honey)
·         2 tsp cinnamon
·         A tiny pinch of salt
·         Garnish with chia seeds and a bit of oats

Directions
1  .  Soak the raisins in hot water
2  .  Combine the oatmeal with milk and creme
3  .  Leave in fridge for about 1-2 hours
4  .  Bring the milk to boil for a min
5  .  Bring the milk down to a simmer
6  .  Add in the raisins, honey, cinnamon, and salt
7  .  Then add the remaining water depending on the consistency that you want
8  .  Set aside and cool overnight (make it thicken)
9  .  Sprinkle on some chia seeds and oats
1  .  Be prepaired to lick the bowl

P    PS: I've found that earl grey tea pairs really nicely with soy milk... interesting :P

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This looks really, really good! And I love the flowers in the picture. :)

    And about pancakes with brown rice flour: I would say they taste very similar to ones with white flour because it doesn't impart a huge flavor. I think the main difference is in the texture - I find baked goods made with brown rice flour to be lighter and a little grainier (but not always - just in things like cookies). But I honestly haven't had regular pancakes in a while because I like the brown rice ones so much better! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete