Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekend Re-Cap

This weekend was pretty awesome. My synchro team came in second place (I'll post pictures later of our crazy make-up). So yay! The conference went really well too and was really eye opening. Our keynote speaker was Dr. Abuzgaya (I think that's how you spell it :S) and he is an orthopedic surgeon who operated on civilians during uprisings in Libya. It was super inspirational but at the same time really made me think of how privileged I am to be able to go to university and not be worried about any war or famine. Gosh! Most of those kids have never even heard of synchro. It just makes you question what you've been doing with your life so far and whether you've been making the best use of it...

On the plus side I've made the best use of my ultra quick yet delicious breakfast. My plush frog just fell in love with it.

Banana Oatmeal Milkshake


Ingredients (Serves: 4)
·         2 cups of oatmeal
·         3 cups of water
·         1 banana
·         1 cup of milk
·         Good 2 tbsp of nut butter (I used peanut)
·         1-2 tbsp of honey (I used 1.5 tbsp of buckwheat honey)
·      
Directions
  • Bring the three cup of water to boil (you can use a ketle)
  • Add water to the oats
  • Let the oats soak up the water
  • Pour in the milk, banana, honey and nut butter into a food processor
  • Grind until it is liquidy
  • Add to the soaked oats
  • Garnish with some honey if a sweet taste is desired
 
Ain't going to lie but those were so yummy oats. It actually tastes kind of like a milk shake :P Anyways, I'm off to another exciting week of school. YaY!
~Nadiya

3 comments:

  1. All the cereal addicts like myself need to see this, it looks delish! Oh, and I LOVE your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oats in essentially everything. Oaty shake=perfection in a glass:)
    Congrats to you and your synchro team!

    ReplyDelete